25+ Years Of Experience In Criminal Defense
Drug charges carry penalties much more severe than you might expect. In addition to expensive fines, probation and jail time, you could experience long-lasting discrimination from colleagues, employers, landlords and creditors for the stigma of a conviction.
At Coover & Associates, we understand. Our attorneys have defended hundreds of clients who have faced drug-related criminal charges. Criminal law in central Pennsylvania is exceedingly complex, requiring in-depth knowledge developed over many years. With over 25 years of combined experience, we understand how individual judges and prosecutors think and how to develop the best strategy to help protect you from potential consequences.
Drug Charges And Sentences In Pennsylvania: What To Know
Drug offenses range from misdemeanors to felonies and carry sentences of corresponding severity. Some of the most common drug crimes and their penalties include:
- Simple drug possession: Up to one year of jail time and a fine of $5,000
- Possession of paraphernalia: Up to one year incarceration and a fine of $2,500
- Possession with intent to deliver: Five to 15 years in prison and a fine of up to $250,000
- Drug conspiracy: Depending on the substances and amounts, several years in prison
- Prescription fraud or forgery: Up to seven years in prison and a fine of up to $15,000
Although the sentences are intimidating, we have a record of success in our clients’ cases. Our knowledge of the law and defense strategies has resulted in charges dismissed or reduced. At trial, juries have returned numerous acquittals in cases which we have defended.
Facing A Drug Charge In Pennsylvania? Ask For A Consultation.
Your freedom is too precious to leave in the hands of just an attorney. Allow us to use our skill and experience to help shield you from the potential consequences of a drug conviction. Schedule an appointment at our convenient office locations in York, Carlisle, Chambersburg and Camp Hill. Free consultations provided.